18 March 2016

Five Minute Friday ~ Surprise


A few weeks back, the entire elementary half of the school my crew attends had a "Winter Outing." The fifth and sixth grades had the option of skiing; 4th grade on down went tubing. And of course, they was need of parents to accompany. 

You'd better believe I signed up, ASAP! I love winter, I love being outside and I love hanging out with my kids and this would be a two for one field trip.

Boy, was I surprised when we walked out to the tubing "hill."

Because back in Oklahoma, where I grew up, a hill that size was called a mountain.

In Michigan, where I'd most recently lived and have done pretty much the only skiing I'd ever done, a hill like that was for skiing, not tubing.

In Niger, where I've probably spent the most recent bulk of my "adult-ish" life, well... we had sand dunes, not mountains... and certainly no snow.

This tubing hill even had its own "tube" lift!


That's M&M in the tube right above me.

Only pictures from the bottom and on the ride up... I deemed it "risky behavior" to pull my phone aka camera out anywhere near the top of that tubing hill. :-)

This was one of the better photos that actually gives
a bit of perspective as to the size and slope of these hills!

We had so much fun and believe me, as soon as we get the opportunity, we will go back with the fam!

So it isn't bare toes on a lawn chair on the beach or beside a pool
(like so many friends have been posting).
But hey, when you live in Quebec and its time for Spring Break,
you do the best with what you've got.
THIS was surprisingly AWESOME!

2 comments:

  1. How fun is that? I'm a former Alaskan now living in the southern US, so not a lot of opportunities to play in the snow. I miss winter activities and taking my kids tubing. It sounds like a great outing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richelle, now THAT looks like a fun hill to tube down! I'm from Colorado and that's a pretty good sized tubing hill, even for here. ;) I'm glad your family had so much fun! I showed my son your pictures, and he's all in for tubing there. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails