06 September 2013

Five Minute Friday ~ Red

I love Fall.


I love Fall in Michigan.


I'm treasuring this once every 4-5 years experience... 


...and this week has been the color red.

I've been freezing and canning... canning and freezing... and enjoying every second of it.

It isn't like I didn't freeze and can food back in Africa. I did. But it was a little more complicated - the Petit Marché was never quite as easy or peaceful to navigate our local Farmer's Market... and the work there involved a lot more sweat, of coure! I've actually got my turtleneck sweater on 'cause it is a chilly "early" fall morning in these parts today - but haven't yet given up on my flip flops! There's another little detail to mention: There may have been one, but I can't recall the last time I did this sort of work without little hands hindering helping. I'm enjoying it.

So yes, red has been a great way to occupy my mind as littlest of the Wrightling littles has started school this week. She's loving it... I'm delighting in the quiet time to work... and then we have a ball each afternoon home together, even if she chooses to spend most of her time playing with her cousin. It certainly doesn't stay quiet around the place once those two join me!


Click the logo above and head on over to Lisa Jo's so you can join us for a different Five Minute Friday write this week! I loved the challenge of a different sort of word this week.

8 comments:

  1. Great writing and great images! I'm in the same boat as my youngest has headed to Kindergarten this year too! It's a strange quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully you're finding lots to do with your time and enjoying that strange quiet.

      thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  2. I'm in the midst of freezing tomatoes here too... Apples not ready for a few more weeks. It does seem to come all at once :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes... and now some unknown friend has left a couple pounds of pears on my doorstep. thankful for such bounty and now will be learning something new - never done anything with pears before!

      Delete
  3. only you know how jealous i am of your fall conversations just as you are of mine when the situation is reversed. miss you friend. enjoy your crisp air, crunchy leaves, and cozy baking smells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, beka. maybe somewhere, some time, we'll both be in the states during the fall and we can enjoy a snatch of this wondrous time together. miss you, too...

      flipping through photos the other day with one of my friends here and came across one of kay, shiloh, ereina and tori... - and couldn't stop the tears from filling my eyes.

      Delete
  4. I've never canned, but I think it'd be a lot of fun. We definitely get enough produce to do so around here. But I am looking forward to making applesauce and pies. Still a little too hot here, though. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is fun... lots of work, but fun, productive work and i always feel like i've accomplished something worthwhile and good. hoping to get some apple butter done this weekend - haven't done that in years.

      hopefully the fall cool will blow your way soon.

      Delete

Stop in for a chat! I love to hear what you have to say ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails